Meet Our Staff
Board Certified Medical Aesthetician
The Core Plastic Surgery Aesthetics Center would like to welcome April Johnson, who is a Board Certified Medical Aesthetician. April completed her aesthetic training at Shelton State in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and has over 10 years of spa and clinical aesthetic experience. In addition to her advanced chemical peel training, April is certified in Ayurveda techniques including: aromatherapy, massage, and lymphatic drainage. She is also a skin care product expert with comprehensive training on premium medical grade cosmeceutical product lines from Skin Medica, EltaMD, ZO skin health, and Core Aesthetics. April specializes in skin rejuvenation, skin pigment concerns, adult acne, post laser skin care, and is dedicated to customizing individual skin care treatment plans for each patient.
Aesthetic Services Offered:
- Hydrafacial – merges soothing and invigorating spa therapies with advanced medical technology to achieve instant, lasting results for the skin. Included is an arm and hand treatment followed with an acupressure neck and shoulder massage.
- Dermaplane – A safe and highly effective physical exfoliation procedure, which removes the top layer of dead skin along with the fine, vellus hair.
- Chemical peels
- SkinMedica® Illuminize Peel® – Illuminize Peel®, the gentlest SkinMedica® Peel is appropriate for first-time, chemical-peel patients, patients with mild skin imperfections or patients that are looking for brighter, more radiant skin with no downtime.
- SkinMedica® Vitalize Peel – Vitalize Peel® is appropriate for patients with mild-to-moderate skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Vitalize Peel® treatments also address skin unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or other pigmentary changes.
- SkinMedica® Rejuvenize Peel™ – Rejuvenize Peel™ is appropriate for patients with moderate to severe skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Rejuvenize Peel™ also address skin unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or pigmentary changes.
- SculpSure – is an advanced body contouring treatment using light based lasers to disrupt fat cells in areas of the body, such as the abdomen and hips, where fat is hard to reduce. The result is a firmer, flatter abdomen and flanks. SculpSure® is a means of non-surgical fat reduction.
- miraDry – is a non-invasive treatment FDA approved to reduce odor and sweat glands in the underarm area. The treatment also makes it possible to no longer need deodorants and antiperspirants, which may contain lead and other toxic chemicals.
- Skin Care – SkinMedica®, EltaMD®, ZO® Skin Health, and Core Aesthetics
- 60min Core Aesthetic Signature Facial – Aromatherapy infused deep tissue treatment to nourish and moisturize depleted, tired looking skin. Exfoliation to leave skin smoother and softer, followed by a luxurious hydrating masque to leave your skin with a healthy invigorating glow. Included is an acupressure neck and shoulder massage.
- Add on option: Dermaplane (adds 30min to the facial) – A safe and highly effective physical exfoliation procedure, which removes the top layer of dead skin along with the fine, vellus hair.