We continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our community and want to reiterate that the safety of our patients, residents, their families and our caregivers remains our top priority. Therefore, we have instituted a Visitor Management Program for all responsible adults who have accompanied a patient for their visit.
- More than one person accompanying a patient is strongly discouraged.
- Unless the patient is a minor, only one adult will be allowed into the waiting room per patient.
- All who accompany a patient will be asked to provide name, contact phone number, email address and name of patient they are with.
- Special emphasis will be placed on sanitizing high touch areas in common areas and restrooms.
- No reading material will be allowed into our waiting area or stored for visitor use.
- Self-service hospitality stations will be discontinued, refreshments available upon request
- Accompanying adults will be asked for a cell/mobile contact number that will be used for notification when the patient is ready for discharge and/or other update information.
- All family members will keep an appropriate maximal “social” distance from staff and other visitors.
- During a patient’s surgery, the family member or caregiver will be requested to wait in one of the following locations until contacted:
- Grandview II Surgery Center waiting room
- Own vehicle in parking area
- Only parents of minor children will be requested to wait in the facility waiting room and will allowed into the clinical area.
Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated as we continue to serve our patients and community by providing the highest quality health care in a safe responsible manner. We recognize this is an evolving situation and specifics are likely to change.
Thank you for your consideration and adherence to our request.