The right exercises can help you feel better and stronger while sculpting your body and improving your appearance. Keep reading to learn about no-equipment exercises that can target each area of the body.
- Arm Circles: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and raise your arms so that they are parallel to the ground. Then move your arms in very tiny circles for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds switch directions. You can also do the same exercise with larger circles to add variety.
- Pushups: This classic exercise is a great way to tone your arms whether you do traditional pushups, incline pushups, or pushups on your knees.
- Running/Walking/Jogging: Cardio exercise is good for your whole body and it gives your legs tone that you can’t get anywhere else.
- Burpees: This high intensity exercise is great for working up a sweat and toning your legs. Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart. Then put your hands on the floor and kick your feet back. You should be in a pushup position. Do a pushup and then bring your feet in under your hips. Jump to return to your original position.
- Stairs: Running stairs is a great way to pair your cardio exercise with an exercise that tones your butt. As an added bonus, it will also work your legs.
- Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Bend your knees and squat down while keeping your back straight and your chest up. Then return to standing position. To add extra challenge, bump when you are returning to standing position.
- Lunges: Step far forward with your right leg while keeping your left foot in place. Your right thigh should be parallel to the floor and your knee should be bent, but it shouldn’t extend past your toes. Keep your upper body still while you move. Then return to standing position and switch legs.
- Planks: Planks are a great way to strengthen your core. Start with your hands and feet on the ground. Your back and legs should be straight. Hold the position for 30 seconds and increase the time as you build strength. For variation, or to make it harder, lift one foot or one hand off the ground.
- Leg Raise: Lie on the floor with your legs extended and then lift them until they are vertical while keeping your upper body still.
The above exercises can help you sculpt your whole body. For more help improving your appearance and getting the body you deserve, contact Core Plastic Surgery.