Medspa treatments are non-surgical, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures that can produce results analogous to plastic surgery without the costs or the downtime that come with more involved operations. Though these results are often temporary, their ease and effectiveness make them ideal for patients who are not yet willing to commit to full surgery. At Core Plastic Surgery, we offer an extensive variety of rejuvenating medical spa procedures to accommodate the unique needs of our wide variety of patients.
Curious patients are encouraged to check out the Core Plastic Surgery blog, a hub of information for our Alabama community.
- 1 About Our MedSpa
- 2 Benefits of Medspa Treatments
- 3 Qualified Candidates
- 4 Your Private Consultation at Core Plastic Surgery
- 5 Preparation
- 6 Chemical Peels
- 7 Dermal Fillers and Injectables
- 8 Diva Laser Vaginal Therapy
- 9 Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser
- 10 Hydrafacial MD
- 11 Laser Skin Rejuvenation
- 12 Latisse
- 13 Lip Injections
- 14 Lutronic Microneedling
- 15 MicroLaserPeel
- 16 miraDry
- 17 SculpSure
- 18 Skin Care Products
- 19 Results & Recovery
- 20 How Much Do Medical Spa Treatments Cost in Alabama?
- 21 FAQ
- 22 References
About Our MedSpa
Core Plastic Surgery’s MedSpa provides a variety of treatments to rejuvenate the skin.
Medspa treatments are minimally-invasive and non-invasive treatments designed to diminish the signs of aging without complex surgery and the attendant recovery time that follows. We use Botox, dermal fillers and other modalities to refresh the faces of people living in and around Birmingham and Mountain Brook, Alabama. In about an hour (and often less) our patients leave Core Plastic Surgery’s MedSpa looking younger and revitalized.
Dr. Grady Core provides a wide variety of sophisticated aesthetic procedures to the people of Alabama. The medical spa side of his practice appeals to many patients who are not yet ready for surgery. An informative consultation at Dr. Core’s inviting offices will help to reveal which course of treatment is most appropriate for you. Contact us to schedule an informative consultation with Adina Barnett, Licensed Medical Aesthetician and your guide to all of Dr. Core’s non-surgical offerings. Call 205-397-2100 to schedule your private appointment. We also offer Virtual Consultations for patients who prefer to meet remotely.
Benefits of Medspa Treatments
- Little to No Downtime
- Very Little or No Discomfort
- Effective at Correcting the Signs of Aging
- Quick appointments
- Long-Lasting Results
Anyone who has begun to show the signs of aging but does not require invasive surgery to correct them is a good candidate for our medspa treatments.
Your Private Consultation at Core Plastic Surgery
Our medspa is your opportunity to enjoy the rejuvenating, confidence-boosting benefits of Core Plastic Surgery’s full suite of surgical procedures on a provisional basis. At your confidential consultation, you can explore your aesthetic options in a safe and supportive environment. Experiment with your look or sample our injectables for a temporary taste of what a full Facelift might look like. Adina Barnett is our resident aesthetician with over 20 years of experience performing revitalizing laser therapies. She administers our intriguing line of skin care injectables. Let our patients’ effusive reviews whet your appetite for your ravishing results. Contact us to schedule your personal consultation. Call our office at 205-397-2100 to speak directly with one of our helpful representatives.
Most MedSpa treatments do not require any preparation prior to your treatments. That’s a big advantage for people with busy schedules. If any preparation is necessary, we provide you with detailed instructions at your private consultation.
Chemical Peels are cosmetic treatments that remove dead skin cells and other imperfections. These treatments are offered at varying levels to peel away the affected skin from the outer to deeper layers of damage.
Dermal Fillers and Injectables
Examples of Dermal Fillers and Injectables
- Bellafill – Bellafill is a dermal filler that is designed to treat nasolabial folds, or smile lines, which extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Botox – Botox is an injectable filler made with a derivative of Botulinum Toxin A. When injected into the muscles around the forehead and other areas of the face, it temporarily paralyzes them so that they are unable to contract
- Fat Transfer and Injections – Autologous fat transfer is a procedure in which one’s own lipids are used to add volume and reduce wrinkles to sagging and sunken areas of the face
- Juvederm – Juvederm is a cosmetic dermal filler that restores the volume to facial skin that has lost elasticity due to age
- Kybella – Kybella is a recently FDA-approved injectable that breaks up submental fat deposits under the chin
- Sculptra – Sculptra is used to add volume to sagging skin that creates a hollow facial expression that makes you look tired and older
- Volbella – FDA approved to treat vertical lines around the mouth and add volume to the lips, Volbella contains hyaluronic acid which adds moisture to the under-layers of skin around and on the lips to plump them and leave them softer and smoother
- Vollure – Vollure is Juvederm’s most recent dermal filler that is FDA approved to diminish nasolabial folds by plumping the skin
- Voluma – Voluma restores volume to the cheeks using its main ingredient, hyaluronic acid (HA)
Diva Laser Vaginal Therapy
DiVa Laser Vaginal Therapy is an innovative and effective procedure to enhance and improve the look and feel of the vagina after changes that may occur as a result of childbirth or the natural aging process.
Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser
The Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser combines both fractional ablative and non-ablative skin resurfacing. By targeting the epidermis and dermis, the hybrid laser can minimize the appearance of pore size, help correct sun damage and reduce brown spots while promoting an even skin tone and texture.
HydraFacial MD is a non-invasive, rejuvenating hydradermabrasion treatment that removes dead skin cells and pulls toxins and impurities from the skin. It also gently cleanses, hydrates, and moisturizes the skin.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Laser Skin Rejuvenation is a minimally invasive cosmetic skin treatment that uses laser energy to improve the look and texture of aged skin, acne scars and other scars.
As the only FDA-approved prescription treatment for eyelashes, Latisse grows eyelashes so that women have longer, thicker and darker eyelashes.
Lips become thin with age and can make someone’s face look hard and tired. Lip Injections are the most popular way to enhance the lips using dermal fillers developed to increase fullness and add definition. Injectable fillers contain hyaluronic acid that adds moisture to the under-layers of your lips.
Lutronic Microneedling achieves impressive skin renewal with the application of fine, medical-grade needles and radiofrequency waves to the skin.
The MicroLaserPeel is a cutting-edge skin care treatment that combines the best of microdermabrasion, laser treatments and chemical peels to rejuvenate skin by removing the outermost layers where much of the damage occurs.
miraDry is a non-invasive treatment FDA approved to reduce odor and sweat glands in the underarm area. The treatment also eliminates the need for deodorants and antiperspirants.
SculpSure is a means of non-surgical fat reduction for the abdomen, hips, and other areas where stubborn pockets of fat may be resistant to the slimming benefits of diet and exercise. The result is a firmer, flatter abdomen and flanks.
Skin Care Products
At Core Plastic Surgery, we understand the importance of maintaining healthy skin. That’s why we provide quality Skin Care Products to treat many skin imperfections. These exclusive products are available only through licensed skin care consultants and physicians.
Results & Recovery
With most MedSpa treatments, there is no downtime or recovery. People can return to their normal activities following their appointments.
When Will I See the Results from My Medspa Treatments?
Depending on the treatment, the results are often noticeable immediately after your medspa session. You should notice the full effects within a few weeks.
How Much Do Medical Spa Treatments Cost in Alabama?
The cost of MedSpa treatments varies based on the selected treatments. During your consultation, we can review the costs as well as our payment and financing options.
Grady Core, M.D., F.A.C.S., a board-certified plastic surgeon, provides MedSpa services to people living in and around Birmingham, Mountain Brook, and across the Southeast to diminish the signs of aging and enjoy a younger appearance. Contact Dr. Core’s office today to schedule your consultation!
The differences between a medspa and a day spa are subtle, yet significant. Most importantly, medspas offer medical-grade treatments and have a licensed MD on staff. Day spas offer non-medical grade treatments and operate without an MD on staff.
- Small R (August 2014). “Botulinum toxin injection for facial wrinkles”. American Family Physician. 90(3): 168–75. PMID 25077722
- Carruthers, A., & Carruthers, J. (2006). Botulinum Treatment of Forehead Wrinkles. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 117(4), 1354. doi: 10.1097/01.prs.0000205566.47797.8d
- Gold, M. (2007). Use of hyaluronic acid fillers for the treatment of the aging face. Clinical Interventions in Aging, Volume 2, 369–376. doi: 10.2147/cia.s1244
- Sisti, A., Boczar, D., Restrepo, D., Nisi, G., & Forte, A. J. (2018). Evaluation of the In Vivo Kinetics and Biostimulatory Effects of Subcutaneously Injected Hyaluronic Acid Filler. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1. doi: 10.1097/00006534-900000000-97671